to the ophthalmology practice
Our modern clinic offers diverse diagnostic and treatment options. Our purpose is to provide our patients with the best care possible. In order to reach this goal, we rely on modern equipment and a very qualified team. We are specialized in:
In our „Sehschule“ we test the visual development of children. We also test strabismus and eye muscle problems for adults. We provide assesments of visual impairment.
In our modern surgical facilities, located right here in the clinic, we perform circa 90% of our surgical procedures. We offer:
Our ophthalmological group practice, consisting of six experienced specialists and a top team of trained staff, offers modern ophthalmology in a pleasant atmosphere and a location which is easy to reach by car and public transport.
We treat a large number of patients, children as well as adults of all ages, using state-of-the-art diagnosis and therapy procedures.
Of the approximately 2,000 operations we perform annually, over 80% are carried out on an out-patient basis in our OP department on the premises – thanks to our modern equipment and technologies, while the remainder are performed in our in-patient clinic in the “Kreiskrankenhaus „Johann Kentmann“ Torgau gGmbH.” District Hospital in Torgau.
Our activities focus on the individual. Based on state-of-the-art equipment technologies, a wealth of experience as well as “time for the patient”, we endeavour to be effective for the sake of our patients’ health – both in case of illness and preventative examinations and consultations.
The city park in Torgau is called the "Glacis" (pronounced [ɡlaˈsiː]), and our practice is located close by the park. The name comes from the French and means "slope", and particularly refers to the ground that slopes away in front of fortifications. Between 1811 and 1813, Torgau was developed into one of the largest fortresses in Germany on the orders of Emperor Napoleon. Following its defortification in the 1890s, the city park was created on this site, which incorporates the old town and still bears the French name.